Saturday 12 April 2008

I WAS ON RADIO!!



I'm famous! I was on the radio! My batty writer was the guest on Coastway Radio in Brighton.

There was loads of natter about Moi, naturally, then lots of boring stuff about writing, teaching, competitions... but my batty writer also talked about going loopy!!

She did. She talked about looping the loop. See. I SAID she was batty. She also talked about seeing a polar bear in Spitzbergen and writing in the garden shed.

THIS was her music. (Cover your ears. I did!)

1) Tom Lehrer, The Elements
2) Tom Lehrer, She's My Girl
3) The Beatles, Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da
4) Andreas Scholl (Countertenor) Blow The Wind Southerly (beautiful!!)
5) Carl Maria von Weber, Clarinet Concerto no 1 in F. minor op.73, Rondo
6)Donovan, Jennifer Juniper

THEN it was dead funny... we were meant to have Dusty Springfield and, I Only Want To be With You...only Rosemary pressed the wrong button, and instead we had Ken Dodd singing Happiness...

I nearly died. Is there NO style?

A brilliant hour, great publicity and a good laugh!

No comments: