Tuesday 26 February 2008

Finalising Launch Party Arrangements

So today, I got stuffed in a bag and taken to London. I was left under a table while my owner (the batty writer) had lunch, then taken in a taxi... (I like those. The engines make a good noise. Better than her car).

Then we were in this amazing place full of pictures, and exhibits about a foundling hospital, and something to do with G F Handel...

My writer gave me to a lady who said I was beautiful. (I like that!!)

Then there was a lot of talk about a party with 110 people so far and some haven't replied yet...that seems a lot to me. I'd tell a few not to come, myself. Parties should be nice and intimate...



But then we went into this room where it's being held. I have to say it is great. Beautiful, and huge, with these extraordinary paintings. The nice lady held me the right way up too.

(You see, books like me hate being held upside down. It makes the words rush to our heads...)

Anyway. We had a private tour round. Just like the guests will on the night. It IS amazing.

The writer can take up the wine and the books well before the party. Which is good, apparently.

And they might be selling me in their shop. I have to behave though, or they won't.

No comments: