Friday 22 February 2008

MY FIRST OUTING!

Well. I was let out last night, taken out of my box, and driven all the way into Brighton! Oooh it's a scary place.

My writer was one of the judges at a short story slam event at the Komedia, put on by Short Fuse.

She had to kick start the event with a reading, and she chose something out of my pages! I was so proud, I can tell you! She read two flashes from a story called Closed Doors.

And people clapped! It was lovely. Then she put me on a table while she listened to twelve stories read out and I think I had some Budweiser dripped on me at one point.

What DOES she think she's doing? Think's she owns me, I expect... huh.

Actually, I quite liked the Budweiser. And the stories, some of them. The winner was really great... she won the Small Wonder Festival Slam too, last autumn. Gosh I was tired when we got home.

Its all very well being born, but all this activity is a bit much so soon.

No comments: