Friday 22 February 2008

My Second Outing




I reckon there is something odd about this person who takes me out of my box.

This morning we went to a church, at Berwick.

"Not to worry, "she says "I'm not a churchy sort..." then she sticks me down on a pew and starts doing stuff with spray polish, dusters and a bright red Henry hoover.

Haven't been in one of these places before, although they are mentioned in one of my stories.

And I was wondering if they are all covered in paintings like this one is. Just covered. Not old paintings. Newish ones.

Anyway, when she'd done with the hoover, this batty woman I've been landed with propped me up on the chancel steps (she said) and took my picture a couple of times.

Seems like the paintings are by something called The Bloomsbury Group. People called Vanessa Bell and Duncan Grant and their mates. Quentin Bell too. What sort of name is that, then?

Apparently, this Vanessa had a sister who wrote a bit, but committed suicide just before the paintings were done. I wouldn't know anything about that.



I would like to ask this person I've been landed with why she cleans the place. I expect it's because she's fond of it.

No comments: