Thursday 21 February 2008

The Strange Case of the Boxes in the Hallway...

"Watson?"

"Yes, Holmes?"

"Watson, did we find the drinks cabinet?"

"I'm afraid not. That will remain a total..."

"...mystery. Thank you Watson. I have the good lines."

"May I ask what that is on your head, Holmes?"

"It is a bandage, Watson."

"Ah."

"Precisely. Some confounded idiot left a load of boxes in the vestibule."

"Ah"

"And I fell over them. However..."

"...however?"

"I am assured that I will recover fairly quickly and will only require calf's foot jelly in the afternoons for a week. No more."

......


"Watson?"

"Yes?"

"Where are you going?"

"To catch a calf, Holmes."

"A what?"

"A calf. So I can remove it's feet, to make ..."

"...calf's foot jelly. Right. get to it. But before you leave..."


"Yes?"

"Pass me something to read, will you?"

"One of these? I found them on the floor of the vestibule...they seem to have come out of those boxes you fell over."

"Have to do, I suppose. Fetch my monocle, Watson. What is the title? Who's written the thing?"

"Words from a Glass Bubble. By someone calling herself Vanessa Gebbie."

"A bloody woman? Forget it, Watson, bring me The Times.... and Watson?"

"Holmes?"

Hurry up with that calf..."



.

No comments: